Sunday, June 17, 2007

Happy Father's Day!!


I'm pretty sure Ed had a good Father's Day. He doesn't get too excited about holidays, so it's hard to tell for sure. He and Ethan went on their annual Toyota Land Cruiser camp out this weekend. They packed up all their camping gear and pitched a tent in the front yard of a fellow land cruiser friend's home. The people who host this event each year own quite a bit of land between here and St. Joe - and there are all sorts of trails for those who want to go "wheeling". (See - I'm even learning the terminology even if I don't do the whole camping thing). I'm always a little perplexed by what to buy Ed for holidays, but this year I think I did OK. He has been intrigued by the "Fishing Rocket" infomercial on TV. I was contemplating the wisdom of spending $40.00 on such a contraption when I stumbled across them at Target! Then they were on sale at Target - so I took it as a sign and purchased the fishing rocket for Ed for Father's Day. The boys took their new toy on the camp out - and while they weren't able to fish, they still had fun shooting the rocket portion at the campsite!
Yesterday Abby and I headed to St. Joe to celebrate Father's Day with my family. Then we came home and found 2 very tired campers! We took Ed out to Red Robin for dinner, came home and had both kids in bed by 8:30pm:) Ethan was exhausted from camping and Abby didn't have a nap due to our visit to St. Joe - so they were both pretty tired. Not that I'm complaining......

No comments: